I don't think I have to present you this amazing woman. She should be an
inspiration for every women.
I have a book about Frida Kahlo and her life, I read it at least a hundred times. :)
This fictional biography by F. G. Haghenbeck
is a combination of magical realism and recipes.
Frida's legendary recipes appear as a tasty culinary bonus, there are
traditional mexican foods, soups, desserts and drinks.
After I read the book for the 101th time, I decided to try a recipe and
I chose to bake some orange shortbreads. :)
Here is the recipe, directly from the book:
'Orange Shortbreads (My favourites)
Polvorones de Naranja
4 ounces vegetable shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 orange (juice and zest)
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
sugar for decorating
* Beat the shortening with the sugar until it's spongelike, then immediately add the egg yolk, orange juice and zest. Then add very slowly the flour already mixed with the baking soda. Mush together the dough and with a rolling-pin roll it. Shape biscuits out of it and put them in a greased pan. Bake them until they're brown. At the end sprinkle the cookies with powdered sugar.'
SzKOso is all about encouraging others to find their creative side. This will be my journal, where I am going to share my thoughts, my feelings and my pictures. And sometimes my diy projects.
I love nature and simplicity and I have a serious obsession for colors.
I live in Romania, Transylvania with my boyfriend, who is also my best friend.
In the last years I was working as a history teacher and as a project manager.
- at school I learned to play the violin and piano
- I love reading memoirs...of anyone, famous or not (and not just memoirs)
- I hate asking for help...for anything. I also don't like feeling indebted. But I love helping others and giving things away.
- I looove vintage things... everything.
- love to eat vegetables, fruits ( specially raspberry...mmm) and there are periods when I'm trying to be vegetarian, but if I want to be sincere I love the taste of meat. Well not every meat, but chicken meat is so delicious.